Las Vegas Sun

April 24, 2024

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Cajon Pass Rehabilitation Work Begins With Night Time Outside Shoulder Work Strengthening On Interstate 15

Published on Mon, Mar 31, 2014 (3:31 p.m.)

WHO: Coffman / Parsons Joint Venture design-builder on behalf of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), District 8.

WHAT: Cajon Pass Rehabilitation project preparation work begins with night time outside shoulder strengthening. This is the beginning of a 2-year pavement reconstruction and restoration project along the 13-mile stretch of the Cajon Pass in San Bernardino County.

WHEN: Preparation work start – April 1, 2014
Estimated Project Completion – Summer 2016
Work to begin as early as 8 p.m. and end by 6 a.m.

WHERE: Interstate 15 (I-15) beginning northbound starting at Kenwood Avenue in San Bernardino County for approximately 13 miles on Interstate 15 (I-15) to 1.2 miles south of West Hesperia Overhead. The shoulder work will begin northbound on the I-15 and continue on the southbound side of the freeway.

WHY: To accommodate minor traffic alignment modifications through the 13-mile work zone in preparation for work to begin.