This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Members of the Henderson Nevada Green Valley Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to offer a day of service
Published on Thu, Mar 20, 2014 (2:55 p.m.)Hundreds of members of the Green Valley Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will volunteer their time cleaning debris from Pittman Wash on Saturday, March 22 beginning at 8:00 AM.
Their efforts are part of a "Day of Service" to aid the community. Members of the church pattern their lives after the example set by Jesus Christ. By offering unselfish service, members follow the Savior’s example.
The clean up effort will be spearheaded by President Garth Rasmussen, Second Counselor in the Henderson Green Valley Stake Presidency. A "stake" is a group of 10 neighboring congregations. Each congregation is assigned a section of the wash in which to clean out debris.
- Developer fashions plan for Las Vegas expo center off I-15 near Strip
- Here we grow again: PT’s parent company acquires four more taverns
- Nico & Vinz at Foxtail Nightclub; Dirty South, Deep Dish, Pete Tong at Life Nightclub
- Puff Daddy launches Pineapple Ciroc with pool party at Rehab
- Miguel, with girlfriend Nazanin Mandi, performs at Hyde Bellagio