This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Members of the Henderson Nevada Green Valley Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to offer a day of service
Published on Thu, Mar 20, 2014 (2:55 p.m.)Hundreds of members of the Green Valley Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will volunteer their time cleaning debris from Pittman Wash on Saturday, March 22 beginning at 8:00 AM.
Their efforts are part of a "Day of Service" to aid the community. Members of the church pattern their lives after the example set by Jesus Christ. By offering unselfish service, members follow the Savior’s example.
The clean up effort will be spearheaded by President Garth Rasmussen, Second Counselor in the Henderson Green Valley Stake Presidency. A "stake" is a group of 10 neighboring congregations. Each congregation is assigned a section of the wash in which to clean out debris.
- Golfsmith swings into valley; Freakin’ Frog offers specials as hiatus nears
- L.A. Clippers party at Tao; Bruno Mars, J.Lo and Matt Damon at Marquee
- Tinashe hosts her ‘Aquarius’ album release party at Tao
- Tyler Posey celebrates his 23rd birthday at Hakkasan in MGM Grand
- How does our tourist town prep for an Ebola outbreak?