Las Vegas Sun

September 23, 2014

Currently: 73° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Our Youth at its Best

Published on Mon, Mar 10, 2014 (11:12 a.m.)

While taking a tour of our Nation's Capital, the Lincoln Memorial became our obvious starting point. Around 10:30 AM, March 8th, 2014, my friend Carole and I arrived to walk the steps up to the famous chair upon which sits President Lincoln. Numerous people were also about and faintly in the distance below the monument was the sound of music, very entertaining music I might add.

After taking several pictures, Carole and I descended the steps and found ourselves approaching a very large and organized group of high school students, dressed for the occasion and delivering the music which we had been hearing.

At the conclusion of the band's performance, the choir members who had been sitting on the steps approaching the memorial, rose to take their places. The choir director began by introducing the middle school principal as well as herself and then we were given a performance of assorted selections which had the entire assemblage of people spellbound.

This group of about 120 students came from the Justice Myron E. Levitt Middle School in Las Vegas, Nevada. They were the epitome of what our country's students should represent. These polite, respectful and focused individuals would make any parent extremely proud. They certainly inspired us, while reminding us how proud we feel to be Americans.

I hope this is read by the parents and friends of these groups of outstanding performers. May they realize what a truly great experience they have shared with each other and with us.

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed