This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
March to Save Our Children March 29
Published on Thu, Mar 6, 2014 (9:51 a.m.)“Save Our Children”
“Adopt A School Program”
When: March 29, 2014 from 8:00a.m. - 2:00p.m.
Where: The march will begin at Cashman Field and continue with a 2 mile walk to Clark County Government Center.
What: We are anticipating a turnout of over 5,000 from Churches, faith based organizations and concerned citizens throughout Las Vegas. The march will be followed by Las Vegas’own Ellie Smith singing the National Anthem. Hosted by Channel 8 Dave Courvoisier; featured speakers Sheriff Doug Gillespie from Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, Superintendent Pat Skorkowsky with Clark County School District; State leaders along with faith based entertainment and testimonials. Children of Clark County School District will also participate via bands and cheerleaders throughout the march.
Why: This event is part of a partnership with LVMPD, CCSD Partnership Office and Faith based organizations, to address the never – ending fight to keep our children safe from crimes in and around our schools. This will be done by the “Adopt A School Program”. We welcome your participation.
- SLS helping keep north Strip from going south, nearby business operators say
- International Model Search winner Angela Byrd has lived in L.V. for one month
- Police working to ID suspect in casino cage robbery
- Joe Jonas makes his DJ debut at Foxtail in SLS Las Vegas
- Rock strikes 12 at Fremont Street with a dozen tribute bands lined up for NYE