This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Las Vegas Native Graduates Navy Basic Training
Published on Wed, Feb 12, 2014 (8:51 a.m.)From:
Navy Public Affairs Support Element (NPASE)
Fleet Hometown News Center 9420 Third Ave. Suite 100
Norfolk, VA 23511
Phone: 757 322-1074
Fax: 757 322-9312
Email: [email protected]
February 12, 2014 (FHTNC)--Navy Seaman Recruit Miguel N. Turiano, son of John and Glyn D. Lorenzo of Las Vegas, Nev., recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
During the eight-week program, Turiano completed a variety of training which included classroom study and practical instruction on naval customs, first aid, firefighting, water safety and survival, and shipboard and aircraft safety. An emphasis was also placed on physical fitness.
The capstone event of boot camp is "Battle Stations". This exercise gives recruits the skills and confidence they need to succeed in the fleet. "Battle Stations" is designed to galvanize the basic warrior attributes of sacrifice, dedication, teamwork and endurance in each recruit through the practical application of basic Navy skills and the core values of Honor, Courage and Commitment. Its distinctly ''Navy'' flavor was designed to take into account what it means to be a Sailor.
Turiano is a 2011 graduate of Palo Verde High School, Las Vegas, Nev.
Story ID: N2 Batch ID: 716
- Gorman quarterback makes remarkable play, has 3 TDs in win against Santa Margarita
- Fire it up — Usher and Motley Crue sure did — on Night 1 of iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Bash of the Titans: Physical Palo Verde pushes past fellow power Las Vegas
- Project aimed at tackling truancy in CCSD gets underway next week
- Liberty puts up a fight on defense but can’t get offense going in shutout loss