This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Luxor and Excalibur Employees Serve Homeless Residents during Catholic Charities Thanksgiving Meal Extravaganza
Published on Mon, Nov 25, 2013 (9:28 a.m.)Approximately 2,000 Homeless Las Vegas Residents to Enjoy Meal Prepared by the Resorts' Chefs
What: Approximately 200 employees from Luxor and Excalibur will join Catholic Charities in serving a special Thanksgiving meal to Las Vegas' homeless residents.
Prepared by the chefs of the two Las Vegas Strip resorts, the meal is expected to feed 2,000 guests and include turkey, stuffing, ham, fruit, corn, yams, pumpkin pie and beverages, as well as other Thanksgiving meal staples.
Executive teams from Luxor and Excalibur will join other employees in serving the meal. A Thanksgiving Day tradition started by Excalibur 23 years ago, the annual feast has evolved into an even larger event with the Luxor's participation since 2010.
When: Tuesday, November 26, 2013
3pm – 6pm
Where: Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
1501 N Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas
• Luxor and Excalibur Executives
• Catholic Charities Staff
• Guests Enjoying the Meal
- SLS helping keep north Strip from going south, nearby business operators say
- International Model Search winner Angela Byrd has lived in L.V. for one month
- Eric Trump: ‘We’ve had so much good luck. We’re buying everything around the world’
- Nevada high school sports teams deserve better
- Las Vegas-based casino owner Full House Resorts looks for buyer