This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Local groups help feed pets
Published on Tue, Nov 12, 2013 (12:13 p.m.)LAS VEGAS – Mia’s Pet Pantry and Daytripper Entertainment are teaming up together to help feed hungry pets in Clark County.
The organizations are hosting a fund-raising event from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. Thursday at The Spotlight Lounge at 975 East Sahara Ave. Tickets are $5 for a beer bust, which includes Badlands, Metro and Spotlight. Nachos will be for sale for $2 a serving. There also will be a hairy chest contest, and there will be drawings for great prizes every hour from 10 p.m. until 1 a.m.
All donations will go to provide pet food for low-income residents, the homeless, senior citizens and disabled individuals.
If you cannot make it and still wish to donate, you can drop off pet food from noon until 4 p.m. Thursdays at Clark County Bilingual Services at 1605 East Charleston Blvd.
John Amato of Daytripper Entertainment said his company would donate 75 free event wristbands.
- Cardsharp’s arrest in Pennsylvania is victory for Nevada gaming board
- Suspect shot after 1 killed, 2 wounded in home invasions
- Wynn Resorts 2nd-quarter profit rises on Las Vegas strength
- Arbor View junior lineman draws recruiting attention, grabs first offer
- ‘Keurig machine for beer’ gets outpouring of interest