Las Vegas Sun

September 30, 2014

Currently: 83° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Jordan Bradley announces candidacy for Nevada Secretary of State

Published on Sat, Oct 19, 2013 (9:48 p.m.)

Small business owner, American government scholar, and Republican Jordan Bradley will be announcing his candidacy to serve as Nevada’s next Secretary of State tomorrow evening (Tuesday October 22nd) in Henderson. (Details and RSVP at bradleyfornevada.com) “The office of Secretary of State is at a crossroads, for both elections and business licensing,” says Jordan, “and my unique combination of academic and real-world experience make me the best candidate to meet the coming needs of both voters and businesses.”

Jordan’s decision to run was inspired by his belief in Nevada’s potential: “In 1986 a job opportunity brought my parents to Nevada, and after graduate school I brought my own family and our company back to Nevada because of those same opportunities. Nevada is the state of opportunity and I’m running for Secretary of State to keep it that way, for now, and for generations to come.”

“The single most important contribution that the next Secretary of State can make to Nevada’s strong business climate is expediting the business portal’s development,” Jordan explains. “I’ve spoken with several business owners that have experienced significant, varying difficulties applying for a Nevada business license online. The silverflume project is 5 years old now and only one city - Fernley - has fully integrated. I have the experience to help the necessary development happen.”

Jordan’s doctoral research makes him uniquely qualified to address the complex electoral issues facing Nevada: “Nevada has a wonderful reputation as an entertainment and tourist destination, but we also have a bad reputation for electoral transparency - the Center for Public Integrity ranks Nevada 42nd of all states. Nevada voters deserve better and there is a tremendous amount of work ahead to make our elections and administration more transparent. Ultimately, the success of our elections requires a balancing of voter confidence, ballot integrity, and ease of access - I’m ready for that challenge.”

Jordan invites you to visit bradleyfornevada.com to learn more, and welcomes questions and interview requests. Jordan will also be in Carson City October 24th-27th; he looks forward to meeting voters at the Nevada Day Parade.

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed