This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
National Health Care Leaders to Convene in Las Vegas for the Sixth Annual Nevada Health Care Forum
Published on Wed, Sep 18, 2013 (2:54 p.m.)LAS VEGAS-(September 18, 2013) Nevada Health Care Forum organizers announced today dozens of the nation’s leading health care industry executives and officials will gather at the sixth annual event on Oct. 22 at the Tuscany Suites and Casino to discuss pressing health care issues related to Nevadans.
Featured speakers at the Sixth Annual Nevada Health Care Forum include:
• Steve Priest, Chief Wisdom Officer, DaVita HealthCare Partners, Inc.
• Arnie Milstein, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Stanford and Director, Stanford Clinical Excellence Research
• Craig Samitt, MD, MBA, Executive Vice President, HealthCare Partners
• Chris Van Gorder, President and CEO, Scripps Health
• Deborah Bowen, FACHE, President and Chief Executive Officer, American College of Healthcare Executives
• Joe Fifer, FHFMA, President and Chief Executive Officer, Healthcare Financial Management Association
• Carla Smith, FHIMSS, Executive Vice President, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
• Susan Turney, MD, FACMPE, President and Chief Executive Officer, Medical Group Management Association and American College of Medical Practice Executives
Key panels and discussions at this year’s forum include:
• National health care reform and its impact on health care in Nevada
• Health insurance exchanges
• Health care issues impacting the state of Nevada
• Health information technology
• Nursing in Nevada
The Nevada Health Care Forum is the largest gathering of state health care professionals for the state of Nevada. The event, located at 255 E. Flamingo Road in Las Vegas, Nev., will begin at 8 a.m. and run until 5 p.m. with a cocktail reception to follow.
Each year, the Nevada Health Care Forum attracts hundreds of Nevada’s health care leaders covering a broad section of the industry, including providers, provider executives, academia, employer group and health plan/insurance executives, government officials, students, media and consumers of health care. Past speakers include governors, U.S. senators and representatives, CEOs of large hospitals, medical groups, employers/payors, and other health care companies, professional health care industry executives and policy leaders.
This year’s forum will examine a broad range of timely issues such as the impact of health care reform on the industry and Nevadans, the future of health care, health care quality, community health, Medicare and Medicaid, health information exchanges (HIE) and health information technology (HIT), the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange (SSHIX), wellness and disease management, nursing trends and concepts, and more.
“The Nevada Health Care Forum draws the brightest minds and top leaders in the health care industry year after year to discuss issues critical to the future of health care in the Silver State,” said Todd Lefkowitz, senior vice president of managed care operations and network development at HealthCare Partners Nevada. “This event provides a unique opportunity to gain an insider’s perspective from those responsible for making important health care policy decisions on a daily basis.”
The forum's affiliate organizations include the Nevada Chapters of the American College of Healthcare Executives, Healthcare Financial Management Association, Health Information and Management Systems Society, and Medical Group Management Association, and Clark County Medical Society, Nevada Executive Women in Health Care, Nevada Health Information Management Association, Nevada Nurses Association, Nevada Organization of Nurse Leaders, Nevada State Board of Nursing and Southern Nevada Medical Industry Coalition.
The public is invited to attend the Sixth Annual Nevada Health Care Forum. For registration information and prices, visit www.nevadahealthcareforum.com.
For more information and to stay up-to-date on Nevada Health Care Forum news, please follow Nevada Health Care Forum on Facebook and Twitter.
- Complaint brought against NBA’s Blake Griffin over alleged incident at Tao
- YouTube darling Jenna Marbles opens Season 4 of Ghostbar Dayclub
- Allegiant Travel earnings down 17 percent for 3rd quarter
- Will it be Jennifer Lopez vs. Britney Spears on the Strip?
- Sticker shock: Life Is Beautiful’s $249 festival and $40 parking passes