Las Vegas Sun

September 17, 2014

Currently: 84° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Texas Sports Hall Of Fame Nominee Brings Some Vegas Flash To Sporting Events

Published on Fri, Aug 30, 2013 (9:33 a.m.)

For immediate release

Texas Sports Hall Of Fame nominee Sid Brass has combined some Texas heart with a bit of Vegas Flare to create a sports and entertainment media company that has started to take the country by storm. Brass is capitalizing on his popular and colorful radio personality, as well as his die hard love of sports, to bring sports fans a combination of an insider’s perspective and gritty sports analysis with the fun and flare of Las Vegas. “It’s a blend of my radio personality, my professional sports background and my love of traveling to various cities to cover sporting events.” Brass shares.

Brass was a high school sports superstar and has held the Independent High School Baseball home run record since 1989. Brass is also being considered for the Texas Sports Hall of Fame for his All Sate football, baseball and basketball records as well as holding the All American titles in baseball and football. Brass continued into professional baseball for a short stint and was then offered professional coaching jobs. In addition, Brass was invited to play baseball in Japan. “Japan is beautiful and I have a lot of friends there, but I love doing the radio thing too much.” Brass says.

Sid Brass has appeared on numerous sports talk shows and panels as a sports personality and analyst. He relocated to Vegas and just a year ago started using his entrepreneurial spirit on a plan to combine his love of sports with his love of radio. So with some Texas swagger and a bit of Vegas excitement, Vegas Sports Media was created.

Vegas Sports Media covers a broad range of professional and college sports including the NBA, WNBA, PGA, NFL, MLB, Nascar and more. In addition, Vegas Sports Media offers promotional opportunities. sponsorships and advertising as they travel to sporting events across the US recording their radio show, interviewing local sports celebrities and hosting fun, Vegas style events like poker tournaments. “The most exciting part is being on the road, going to different cities and bringing a little bit of Vegas to our followers’ home town sporting events.” Brass proclaims.

Sid’s success and knowledge as a former professional athlete as well as his ongoing relationships and contacts in the current sports industry provide the sports and gaming enthusiast with educated and insightful information. Sid Brass says he is looking forward to his new working relationship with KLAV radio, AM 132.30 in Las Vegas. Next week, Brass will be in the studio recording the first broadcasts and is extremely excited about the road ahead.

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed