This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Shawnnie Slaughter Presents '28 Years Later! Slaughtering the Odds!'
Published on Tue, Jul 23, 2013 (6:15 p.m.)FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Las Vegas, Nevada – Shawnnie Slaughter will present a solo performance, "28 Years Later! Slaughtering the Odds!" Hosted by Action Red, 1110 E. Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada on August 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM. Admission is free with a suggested donation to Action Red.
This is a solo performance in observation of Shawnnie’s 28th year anniversary of his diagnosis with HTLV-3, later known as HIV. This presentation is a celebration of survival and endurance as well as a poignant and loving tribute to those who were not able to complete the journey with him.
Shawnnie, a Las Vegas native, is a multi-talented actor, singer, songwriter, television producer, recording and visual artist. He currently appears in “Evil Dead the Musical” at Planet Hollywood Resort in Las Vegas. He will be appearing in the soon to be released feature film, Red Herring. Shawnnie has completed 10 marathons to date. He also works as Substitute Teacher for the Clark County School District.
- Firefly closes its Henderson restaurant
- MGM, Hakkasan join to build, manage luxury hotels worldwide
- ‘We push each other’: Rebels pitching their way to possibly historic season for program
- LV City Council considers horse-drawn carriages, new downtown grocery store
- Water expert Pat Mulroy to join UNLV-affiliated research centers