This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Former Legislator Finds New Business Niche Helping People through Funeral Process — Allison Copening opens Seasons Funeral Planning Services
Published on Thu, Jul 18, 2013 (3:58 p.m.)LAS VEGAS, July 18, 2013 – A unique new business is now available to help families with funeral-related decisions that not only can be overwhelming, exhausting and expensive, but complicated by the emotions involved in mourning a loss.
Seasons Funeral Planning Services provides many services that funeral homes do not offer, allowing family and friends more time to be together and support each other rather than on planning tasks. Seasons’ professional staff assists individuals in selecting the funeral home that best meets needs and budget by providing price, service and amenity comparisons among other vital information. The service enables people to be informed and knowledgeable when making important personal and financial funeral decisions during a vulnerable time. Seasons also designs and coordinates personalized and customized funeral and memorial services, coordinates the post-service reception, and offers certified celebrant services. It is the only business of its kind in Nevada.
Seasons is the brainchild of former state senator Allison Copening, who, following the deaths of family members, has been involved with all aspects of funeral planning and memorials. She also frequently assisted friends who requested her help, given her more than 20 years of event planning experience.
“I learned first-hand how daunting it is to do the many necessary things to plan a funeral while dealing with grief, particularly with the death of my brother in 2008,” said Copening, Seasons chief executive officer. “There are so many decisions to make – which can be expensive – and the funeral process itself can be confusing. I wanted to help people through this difficult time by informing them of all the varied funeral options and assisting them with the many tasks related to funeral planning.”
This quest and her brother’s inspiration led the third-generation Las Vegan to research the industry, work at Nevada’s largest funeral home as funeral services director and advanced planning director, and become a certified celebrant. Copening and Jodie Paige, Seasons’ director of services, completed special training to design and deliver life tribute eulogies that incorporate the family’s stories, experiences and memories of the deceased. Certified through In-Sight Books Certified Celebrant Program, they are among the few celebrants in the state. Copening said celebrants are increasingly being used for non-religious funerals.
Now with the opening of Seasons Funeral Planning Services, Copening is realizing her dream of helping others in a meaningful way by navigating the funeral process for them and providing more personalized ways to honor their loved ones.
“I really want people to understand that there are many funeral options available to them when a loved one dies. We can help them through this difficult time so they can feel confident in their decisions and choices,” she said. “Everyone on the Seasons team has experienced and helped others through the funeral or caregiving process. We get it. We’ve done the legwork in comparing all the funeral homes; and with all our resources, such as our First Step™ Companion program, we can guide others through it.”
Seasons comprehensive services include:
• First Step™ Companion Program – assists families through the funeral process and selection of the right funeral home and services based on need and budget. The consultation includes: local funeral home prices, amenities and services comparisons; payment requirements; Nevada law and funeral home requirements; final resting place options; funeral home arrangement conference preparation; cost-saving options; special pricing offered by funeral homes, and other topics. Pre-planning consultation also is offered.
• Ceremony Planning – provides personalized services from traditional to a Celebration of Life ceremony; packages to handle extra responsibilities, such as writing and submitting the obituary, service notification calls and delivering burial clothes; and customized service including music, memorial video, videotaping the service for those unable to attend, memorial program folders, tribute display and more.
• Reception Planning – planning and managing licensed, professional caterers for the post-service reception wherever the venue and whatever the desired form or theme.
• Certified Celebrant Services – creating and delivering personalized ceremonies and eulogies using information from family and friends to capture the essence of the deceased.
In addition to working with families, individuals and the local funeral homes, Seasons’ five-member team also works with patients and their families in hospice, hospitals, and home health care and assisted living centers to plan their own or their loved one’s funeral.
Seasons is not paid by funeral homes. Families and individuals will be charged on a fee-for-service basis.
Seasons Funeral Planning Services is located at 7469 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Ste. 170. Office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and by appointment on evenings and weekends. For information, call 702-545-0404, visit www.seasonsfuneral.com, like Facebook.com/seasonsfuneral, connect http://www.linkedin.com/company/seasons-funeral or follow Twitter.com/seasonsfuneral, Pinterest.com/seasonsfuneral and Instagram User Name: SeasonsFuneral.
About Seasons Funeral Planning Services
Seasons Funeral Planning Services assists families and individuals who seek help choosing the right funeral home and services, including price, service and amenity comparisons; designing and implementing a personalized and meaningful service; and coordinating the reception after the service. Professional staff, including certified celebrants, eliminates the burden and stress of managing funeral-related tasks, allowing families to spend more time together. Seasons also works with patients and their families in hospice, hospitals, and home health care and assisted living centers to plan their or their loved one’s funeral. Exclusive to Nevada, Seasons is located at 7469 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Ste. 170, Las Vegas, NV 89128. For information, visit www.seasonsfuneral.com or call 702-545-0404.
# # #
- ‘Scoring irregularities’ might send two Nevada contestants to national teen pageant
- Planet Hollywood headliner Britney Spears gets intimate … with apparel
- Chef Ben Vaughn: Asada Taco is my new food crush in downtown Las Vegas
- Felon with gang ties gets 12 years for guns, drugs
- Countywide sales tax hike mulled for UNLV stadium