This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Vegas PBS & Southern Nevada Public Television Announce the Winners of the 2013 SBA Small Business Awards
Published on Mon, Apr 29, 2013 (10:55 a.m.)(Las Vegas) – Vegas PBS Channel 10 and Southern Nevada Public Television are excited to announce Nevada’s most outstanding businesses at the 2013 SBA Small Business Awards. Vegas PBS will host the awards for the second consecutive year. This year’s event will be held from noon to 2 p.m., Thursday, June 6, 2013 at the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino, 4000 W. Flamingo Road.
Robert Brian Edwards, CEO and Joe Machin, COO, RO Bus Sales, have been named the SBA Small Business Persons of the Year for the State of Nevada. This year marks the 60th anniversary of the SBA, and the 50th annual proclamation of Small Business Week.
SBA Award winners include:
• 2013 Small Business Persons of the Year: Robert Brian Edwards, CEO and Joe Machin, COO, RO Bus Sales, Las Vegas
• Microenterprise Business Person of the Year: Katie Knapp, Owner, Bumblebee Blooms, Reno
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Ty Lee Salazar, Operations Manager, Logistical Solutions, North Las Vegas
• Minority Owned Business of the Year: Promilla Mohan and Kunall Patel, Davidson’s Organics, Sparks
• Women Owned Business of the Year: Laura Zander, CEO, Jimmy Beans Wool, Reno
• Small Business Exporter of the Year: Kenneth and Sarah Brown, Owners, Critical Tattoo, Carson City
In partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration, the ceremony will highlight the achievements and accomplishments of small business owners, honoring those who have excelled in their respective industries, as well as those who have championed the cause of small business development in Nevada. The event will also recognize the top SBA lenders from 2012.
Tickets are $45 per person and $400 per table of 10. For tickets or more information on the event, please contact Vegas PBS Workforce Department at 799-1010 or [email protected] For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Allison Loftus at 702-799-1010 ext. 5347 or [email protected]
Sponsors for the 2013 SBA Small Business Awards are Bank of America, Southwest Airlines, Nevada State Bank, Bank of Nevada, Wells Fargo, Nevada State Development Corporation, TMC Financing, and Century Link.
About Vegas PBS
Dedicated to enriching the lives of those who call Southern Nevada home, Vegas PBS Channel 10 is America’s most watched PBS station on a per capita basis. Five additional channels are available over the air or on cable and satellite including Create, Vme, Worldview, Rewind and Jackpot.
Vegas PBS expands its television broadcast impact through supplemental materials on Vegas PBS.org, PBSKids.org, PBSKidsGO.org, PBSParents.org and PBSParents.org. Vegas PBS also offers extensive online distance education for workforce development and economic diversification through Vegas Virtual Online Education.
Vegas PBS also provides educational resources to teachers including TeacherLine professional development courses; One Place, an educational media service and online curriculum service. Ready To Learn offers literary and health workshops based on curriculum materials in daytime children’s programs.
For more information on programming and services, please visit www.VegasPBS.org, like us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/VegasPBS, or follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/VegasPBS.
- Nevada Assembly’s speaker-elect steps down amid racism controversy
- Obama heads back to D.C. after R&R in Henderson
- School portable fire causes $125,000 in damages
- Report: Amid racism scandal, Nevada Assembly speaker-elect steps down
- Iggy Azalea, One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, among winners at American Music Awards