This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Civil Bench-Bar Meetings To Resume On April 2
Published on Mon, Feb 25, 2013 (9:28 a.m.)Civil Bench-Bar Meetings To Resume On April 2
Attorneys Encouraged To Communicate Their Questions And Concerns To Improve Judicial Process
A Civil Bench/Bar Meeting that will promote open dialogue between judges and attorneys in the Eighth Judicial District Court will take place on Tuesday, Apr. 2 at 12:05 p.m. in courtroom 15D at the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Ave.
The meeting will provide an open forum for attorneys to ask questions and express concerns. The meeting on Apr. 2 will be used to:
1. Develop a committee of judges and lawyers to determine topics for future agendas.
2. Determine the preference for the frequency of meetings.
3. Establish the Civil Bench-Bar meeting format including timing, topics and procedures.
4. Cover important emerging issues that will impact attorneys.
“The Civil Bench-Bar is a great opportunity for attorneys to voice their concerns to the judges,” said Judge Susan Johnson, who oversees the meetings and presides over civil cases. “The plan is to get the attorneys involved in planning the meetings to meet needs, address concerns and maximize value.”
The Bench-Bar meetings are just one way the Eighth Judicial District Court is improving communication and using innovative, efficient methods to improve court operations. District Court continuously works to develop new ideas, improve efficiencies, address issues and improve access to justice. For more information about the courts, please visit our website at clarkcountycourts.us.
# # #
- NASCAR Weekend: Hauler Parade; Saturday, Sunday races at LVMS; Kurt Busch to race twice May 25
- Woman pinned against rock dies at Valley of Fire
- Strip Scribbles: New name for Wet Republic? Adam Lambert + Queen, Olivia Newton-John, ACM Awards
- UNLV suspends Dejean-Jones for regular-season finale at UNR
- Metro officers ready to walk the beat around East Fremont