Las Vegas Sun

September 23, 2014

Currently: 87° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

New Model Anti-Bullying program Launched in Las Vegas

Published on Sun, Feb 24, 2013 (2:14 p.m.)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
‘Police join efforts with anti-bullying/school mentorship program’

New Model Anti-Bullying Program Launched in Las Vegas, Nevada

Las Vegas (February 25, 2013)-- “Nevada is taking a proactive step for their youth by teaming up with My Life My Power, a National 501(c)3 organization that has a model student anti-bullying and school mentorship program being launched in Clark County, and is already getting a positive response from partners in law enforcement, education leaders and from the overall community,” says My Life My Power Founder and Director, Daniel Puder.

“The bullying crisis in schools must be addressed, so this program establishes student-led clubs overseen by a public safety office, a teacher or a school staff member,” Puder says. “A workbook is provided for students, and the program emphasizes peer-mentoring and the building of leadership skills to prevent any student intimidation. My Life My Power also provides resources ranging from public service announcements and classroom posters to audio-recorded phone messages that promote the program and emphasize cooperation with police and school authorities”

Upcoming events include a Monday Feb. 25 Training Workshop at the City of Las Vegas Detention Center Training Center from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. in which members of the National Latino Peace Officers Association (Correction Officers and Marshals from the City of Las Vegas Department of Detention and Enforcement) and Clark County School Police Department will become certified MLMP Mentors and will be able to teach the program to their local youth.

Also on Monday Feb. 25 at 1:00 p.m. there will be a live Press Conference being held at the Word of Life located at 3520 N. Buffalo, Las Vegas Nevada 89129. Attendees at the Press Conference will include The National Latino Peace Officers Association, Daniel Puder and MLMP Staff, and we will discuss with the media how the My Life My Power program is successfully combating bullying, drug and alcohol abuse, truancy, gang violence, and much more!

On Tuesday, Feb. 26, there will be a school assembly at ¬¬¬¬3520 N. Buffalo, Las Vegas Nevada 89129 from 1pm to 2pm. This assembly will introduce the students to Daniel and Law Enforcement Officers and get the students excited about the upcoming launch of the MLMP program at their school.

The My Life My Power program is one to challenge students to be better citizens for themselves and the community that they live in. Las Vegas has seen conflicts such as bullying and gangs on the rise, so the timing of bringing this type of mentorship and youth development program to our children and teenagers couldn’t be better! My Life My Power is truly a life changing program that has the success rate that Las Vegas needs for our youth!

.# # #
Media contact:
Phil Kent (404) 226-3549 or [email protected] or
Brittney Lozano at [email protected]

For further information check out www.mylifemypower.org

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed