Las Vegas Sun

November 26, 2014

Currently: 49° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

New executive chef brings fine dining experience to Mountain Falls Grill Room

Published on Fri, Feb 15, 2013 (10:22 a.m.)

(PAHRUMP, Nev.) – With experience from the kitchens of Zagat-rated and “Best of Las Vegas” award winning restaurants in Southern Nevada, Joe Mosconi knows the intricacies of creating cuisine pleasing to the palate of discriminating diners. Mosconi brings this insider knowledge to the Mountain Falls Grill Room as its new executive chef.
Since taking over as its “Top Chef,” Mosconi has focused on ensuring a casual-upscale dining experience by refining its menu and introducing new culinary creations at the locally acclaimed restaurant overlooking the Mountain Falls Golf Club, 5001 Clubhouse Drive, located about 45 miles west of Las Vegas off of Highway 160.
“As the new executive chef, I am focusing on what I like to call ‘casual upscale dining.’ It’s upscale because we focus on quality, freshness and service, but it’s not upscale in price. We offer fine dining in a casual atmosphere alongside a beautiful golf course,” Mosconi said.
Mosconi said that like the highly acclaimed restaurants where he worked in the Las Vegas Valley - most recently at TAO Asian Bistro at The Venetian and previously Triple George Grill, Hank’s Fine Steaks, and CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Palazzo – he is using fresh ingredients and seasonings to ensure taste and quality.
“When you come from a big city with many quality restaurants like Las Vegas, you have to offer quality food and service in order to succeed. We are following that same philosophy here at Mountain Falls,” Mosconi said.
“One of the first things that I did when I came to Mountain Falls was to focus on homemade freshness like we prided ourselves on in the fine restaurants found in Las Vegas. Choosing fresh ingredients is key, and selecting quality cuts of steak, meat and seafood is a big focus for me. Using the right ingredients can push a great recipe to the highest level,” Mosconi said.
“I also reviewed all of the recipes, altered the menu, and placed a focus on daily, monthly and weekly specials that our customers prefer,” he said citing $10 rib night on Thursdays, prime rib night on Fridays and homemade beer-battered fish and chips on Saturday.
Among the items that have become customer favorites are homemade crab cakes, fish and chips, salmon BLT, Certified Angus, and prime rib.
“I believe that we offer the best prime rib in town when it comes to both taste and quality and it is comparable to what is served in the finest steakhouses in Vegas for just the fraction of the cost. Our crab cakes, salmon and chicken BLTs on brioche, and panko-graham cracker French toast are all unique and are becoming a customer favorite,” Mosconi said.
The restaurant serves breakfast and lunch daily and dinner Monday-Saturday. Dinner reservations are recommended and may be made by calling (775) 537-6553. Daily specials are listed at www.mountainfallsgolfclub.com/grillroom.
“Joe’s experience not only improves upon the already successful Grill Room, but also the many special events that we cater and host in both our banquet rooms and the Golf Club,” said Greg Moynahan, Golf Club general manager. “Mountain Falls has already become known as ‘the place’ for special events as we’ve hosted major community organization events, large wedding parties, and golf tournaments. I’m happy that we’re providing the highest quality of food to complement our already incomparable location along a scenic golf course with mountains in the backdrop.”
The Grill Room overlooks the greens of an 18-hole, par-72 public course where the first nine holes were designed by Nicklaus Design Group and the back nine by Cal Olson Designs. It features 140 acres of turf and rye grass. Currently, a round is $40 weekdays and $50 on weekends, including cart use and a box lunch.
“The golf course is like a hidden oasis, one that a lot of our players travel from out-of-town to play. Many of our players come from Southern California and Utah, and they are always impressed by the design, the views and the greens. It’s becoming known as one of the best courses in the Southwest,” Con Oldham, course superintendent, said.
Neighborhoods within the master-planned community are built around the course. Currently, master-plan developer William Lyon Homes is constructing Series I, a single-story neighborhood where homes measure from 1,514 to 2,102 square feet and are priced from the low $120,000s. Residents have access to not only the public golf club and restaurant, but also a resident’s facility which features a fitness center and an outdoor aquatic center.
To visit from Las Vegas, travel about 45 miles west on Highway 160 (Blue Diamond Road) past Interstate 15. Before reaching Pahrump, turn left on Manse Road and follow the signs.
For further information, visit www.mountainfalls.com.

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed