This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
OP ED entered in Las Vegas based play competition for 2013
Published on Fri, Feb 15, 2013 (9:52 a.m.)Las Vegas, Nevada 01 Jan 2013 – From the pen of playwright, Floyd Stephen Alexander, OP ED, a one act play profiling a cultural battle between an editorial cartoonist and a popular musical rap artist, has been entered into Las Vegas Little Theatre’s 5th Annual New Works Play Competition for 2013.
OP ED’s story plot centers around Carver Ross, an African American editorial cartoonist for Wake UP News, and his ongoing dispute in his featured column, Sketches and Scorns, with local rap artist, Long Dong (a.k.a. Seymour Williams). Their mutual antagonism explodes in shocking ending from more sinister intentions not known by both men.
The winning play of the competition will have a 10 show performance on Little Theatre’s Fisher Black Box stage and $150.00 in prize money. The winner will be announced on March 15, 2013. George Knapp, Channel 8 I-Team investigative report, personally favored the character, Sid Moniture, editor-in-chief of Wake Up News, and noted that the play “looks like fun and a creative undertaking”.
- Chocolatier makes move to Container Park; grocery chain Sprouts up across valley
- Boyz II Men’s Shawn Stockman: Our job is to test the limits of how bright our spirits can shine
- Bellagio robber spent stolen cash on prostitutes, police say
- Police: Man fatally shot at house party in northwest valley
- Worker killed in accident at Ocean Spray facility in Henderson