This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Box film at Dam Short Film Festival
Published on Sat, Feb 2, 2013 (10:04 a.m.)Pacific Hudson Railroad presents:
People craving intimacy suffer and succeed
Written by Don Cummings
Directed by Chris Dolman
Staring: Marsha Dietlein Bennet, Mink Stole, Lou Liberatore, Dylan Chalfy, and Andreas Damm
DAM SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, Nevada
Screened under the Avant-Garde Billing
Friday, February 8, 12:15 – 1:15 PM
The Boulder Theater
Boulder City, NV
Tickets: $7 reserved seating / $12 + fees for Awards Gala / $75 4-Day Passes
BOX is a funny, quirky short film about people craving intimacy. How they suffer when intimacy is lost. How they succeed when they live inside of it. And how, possibly, the ones who are good at it can help the ones who are not so good.
Zak (Dylan Chalfy) and Paula (Marsha Dietlein Bennet) are married, but they barely understand each other. Zak has an appointment with Peter (Lou Liberatore), a man in a gender-neutral outfit, who attempts to help him. Helen (Mink Stole) works with Peter to help Zak find his way. Helen and her son, Alfred (Andreas Damm), lend their special magic to all they encounter. Will Helen, Alfred’s, and Peter's simple gift of a Box reveal a new way forward for Paula and Zak? The journey takes place while unwittingly following a box.
Running Time = 15 minutes
To purchase tickets, please visit:
- Joe Downtown: Businesses bringing unique items to downtown
- 58 companies pump $450 million into Southern Nevada’s economy
- 2013 Wrangler NFR photos: Twin Wright Brothers champions’ friendly rivalry heats up as they swap places in Round 4
- Strip Scribbles: ‘Cake Boss’ Buddy Valastro plans 60-foot-tall wedding cake
- Las Vegas deemed a top destination for tourists in 2014