This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Local teen becomes state finalist in National American Miss Pageant
Published on Mon, Jan 14, 2013 (5:25 p.m.)Miss Alexis Gilbert, age 14, has been chosen as a State Finalist in the National American Miss Nevada Pageant to be held on July 14th at the beautiful JW Marriott in Las Vegas. The National American Miss pageants are held for girls ages 4-18, and have five different age divisions. Alexis will be participating in the Junior Teen age division, along with other outstanding young ladies from across the great state of Nevada.
The winner of the Pageant will receive a $1,000 cash award, the official crown and banner, a bouquet of roses, and air transportation to compete it the National Pageant in California where she will receive an exciting complimentary tour of Hollywood and two V.I.P. tickets to Disneyland®.
The Pageant program is based on inner-beauty, as well as poise and presentation. Emphasis is put on the importance of developing self-confidence, learning good sportsmanship, as well as setting and achieving personal goals. The Pageant recognizes the accomplishments of each girl while encouraging her to set goals for her future. Families interested in learning more about this unique and outstanding youth program may visit www.namiss.com.
- A PETA Thanksgiving gay wedding with — Pamela Anderson and Chrissie Hynde
- Q+A: Joan Collins talks love, marriages and ‘Dynasty’ catfights
- Suspect sought in Henderson hit-and-run was arrested in July
- Vegas pick ’em: NFL week 13 winners against the spread, holiday edition
- Strip Scribbles: ‘Dancing With the Stars’ cast is headed to Las Vegas