This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Foundation Donates $1,500 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern NV
Published on Thu, Jan 10, 2013 (1:43 p.m.)(Las Vegas, NV). Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada has received a $1,500 donation from The Si Redd and Tamara Redd Charitable Foundation to support its expanding site-based mentoring services at eight targeted Clark County Elementary Schools and four Boys & Girls Club of Las Vegas locations.
"This school year, we have grown our structured and supervised afternoon and after-school mentoring to include Walter Bracken Elementary School and Ruby Thomas Elementary School," said Molly Latham, Chief Executive Officer. "We continue to grow and to serve more children. During these challenging economic times, every gift helps. The Foundation’s is so very much appreciated."
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada hopes to surpass its present capacity of 408 mentoring matches this year. Volunteer-driven and donor-supported, Big Brothers Big Sisters is a nonprofit agency offering three programs: site-based mentoring, community-based mentoring and the DREAMR Project providing specialized mentoring to teenagers in foster care. For more information about how to donate, volunteer or advocate, please contact email@example.com or call Ed at (702) 731-2227.
- Now open: A boozy bakery, a Strip shoe store and a Prohibition-era bar
- Successful entrepreneurs share their secrets for running healthy, resilient businesses
- Eric Church, Childish Gambino added to lineup alongside Bruno Mars at the new Chelsea
- Lady Gaga, Linkin Park, Bastille and more announce Las Vegas shows
- Joe Downtown: Businesses bringing unique items to downtown