This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Everything Gourmet from a Local Café
Published on Tue, Jan 8, 2013 (3:06 p.m.)January 8, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Las Vegas, NV-- With the name of DiVine, the café’s status is positioned to challenge standards and exceed expectations in food, service, value and ambiance. Aesthetically speaking, DiVine Café is rustic-chic; unlike most informal restaurants—marked by a constricted menu and less than amusing atmosphere—DiVine’s diversified options, eccentric décor and cheerful service is neatly bundled in about 900sqft.
Seeking to defy the common perception that Las Vegas’ best gourmet eats are located on the Strip, DiVine Café’s Executive Chef melds the essence of connoisseur dining with everyday meals. To its commercial neighbors and curious locals who have discovered this gourmet treasure camouflaged as another corporate office, DiVine Café has a lot to offer in addition to being a secret haven for the hungry workforce dashing in for a pleasant and convenient lunch.
“We’re not trying to diminish the spirit of gourmet by making it affordable and expedient; our food is supposed to remind people that they deserve and truly want excellence and originality in day-to-day meals,” said the owner, Pam Howatt, at the café’s first anniversary celebration last summer.
On the hotter side of the swinging doors, Chef David Lani orchestrates the DiVine kitchen to satisfy anywhere from 80 to 300 guests a day. That sounds impossible before knowing that the café caters breakfast, brunch and lunch for business functions including meetings, training seminars, photo and video shoots, birthdays, employee appreciation events and conferences.
With over a decade of experience in food preparation, kitchen, banquet, catering and a la carte operations for leading restaurants, country clubs and corporate dining facilities, Lani is an undeniable asset in DiVine’s kitchen lending unparalleled culinary talents combined with superior leadership.
Chef David Lani’s Top 10 Bragging Rights:
10. Rider University | Executive Chef and Kitchen Manager via Aramark Corporation
9. Green’s Gourmet Catering | Executive Chef
8. Puck Express | Chef and trainer for locations on the East Coast
7. Amorone’s Restaurant and Steakhouse | Executive Chef
6. Forsgate Country Club in NJ | Head Banquet Chef, Banquet Sous Chef
5. Charlie Palmer’s Aureole in Mandalay Bay Hotel | Staple at the sauté and grill stations
4. “A La Carte” food publication in NJ and PA | Contributor
3. Wolfgang Puck’s, Postrio, at the Venetian Hotel |Senior Line Cook
2. Dragon Ridge Country Club | Executive Sous Chef
1. “Best Caterer” for the 2009 Green Valley Bridal Spectacular and the 2010 Cashman Bridal Spectacular
Having recently launched a new menu for the café, Lani is inviting locals around the valley and foodies on their A-game to “try the friggin’ food, because you’ll friggin’ love it!” From preparation to presentation, you will see and taste the DiVine Difference.