This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
FedEx Freight to Deliver Live Christmas Trees to Military Families At Nellis AFB
Published on Wed, Dec 5, 2012 (9:17 a.m.)MEMPHIS, Tenn., Dec. 5, 2012 – FedEx Freight is helping bring Christmas cheer to military families by delivering approximately 700 live Christmas trees to Nellis AFB on Dec. 7. The delivery is part of the annual Christmas SPIRIT Foundation Trees for Troops® program which provides live Christmas trees to military families during the holiday season.
Christmas tree farmers—members of the National Christmas Tree Association (NCTA)—and families around the country donated thousands of fresh trees to the Trees for Troops program. To kick off the program, nearly 300 fresh-cut Christmas trees were shipped on November 20 to active duty service members overseas. Throughout early December, more than 18,000 trees will be delivered by FedEx Freight to military families at 60 military bases across the United States.
Highlights of the Trees for Troops program include:
• In the program's first year in 2005, 4,300 trees were delivered to troops and military families at five bases in the U.S. and overseas.
• When the 2011 program concluded, more than 103,000 real Christmas trees had been distributed to service members and their families over seven years – covering every branch of the military at more than 60 bases in 17 countries.
• FedEx has provided shipping of the trees since the program’s inception.
• FedEx Freight drivers have traveled more than 350,000 over-the-road miles to pick up and deliver the trees.
More information about the program can be found at treesfortroops.org.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $43 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
About FedEx Freight
With corporate offices in Memphis, Tenn., the FedEx Freight Segment includes FedEx Freight, a leading U.S. provider of LTL freight services; FedEx Freight Canada, an LTL operating company serving most points in Canada; and FedEx Custom Critical, North America's largest time-specific, critical shipment carrier. FedEx Freight also serves Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For more information, visit fedex.com.
# # #
- Celebrity preview: Britney Spears’ ‘Piece of Me’ peek, Terry Fator, Hulk Hogan and Christmas entertainers
- Two accused of holding woman ransom for a Playstation are indicted
- Neighbors say Reno hospital gunman had botched vasectomy
- UNLV trounces Sacred Heart in third straight blowout victory
- Two elderly women suffer smoke inhalation after yard, home set on fire