This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Michael McNerny Joins Ballard Spahr as an Associate in Las Vegas
Published on Thu, Nov 29, 2012 (4:05 p.m.)Real Estate attorney Michael R. McNerny has joined Ballard Spahr's Las Vegas office as an associate. Mr. McNerny has experience in contracts, corporate governance, real estate transactions, construction and development issues, real property, gaming, commercial litigation, compliance, and regulatory and governmental affairs.
Mr. McNerny is a 2012 graduate of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, where he was a member of the Real Estate Law Society and the Organization for Part-time Law Students. Before and during law school, he worked for several years as a senior paralegal for The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrah's Entertainment (now Caesars Entertainment), and Nevada Title Company. As a senior paralegal in the gaming industry, he provided direct support and guidance through the development, opening phases, and initial operations for a $3.9 billion, 2,900-room, 6.5 million-square-foot fully integrated resort casino.
Mr. McNerny is a member of Ballard Spahr's Real Estate Department and its Commercial Real Estate Recovery; Government Relations, Regulatory Affairs and Contracting; Real Estate Development, Finance, Leasing, and Tax; Resort and Hotel; and Zoning and Land Use Groups.
- New Las Vegas Strip arena to cost $350 million
- Genting planning art exhibits, dragon dancers — even before Resorts World opens
- Move over, NY-NY Roller Coaster: The Polercoaster is proposed for the Strip
- Criss Angel survives ‘the most dangerous and frightening thing I’ve ever done in my life’
- New Miss Nevada winners plan for national pageant as Miss America chief rankles Vegas