This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
McCaw School of Mines to Host Open House
Published on Wed, Nov 7, 2012 (9:06 a.m.)There's a real, live (simulated) gold mine in downtown Henderson. You are invited to see it, tour it and find out what it's all about on Saturday, November 17, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. The Mine is located next to McCaw Elememtary School at 57 Lynn Lane, Henderson, 89015.
Gold Searchers will demonstrate some modern day prospecting methods. You can even try your hand at panning for gold. Hot dogs and soft drinks will be available for sale. The gift shop will be open. (cash only)
The McCaw School of Mines is a field trip destination for all Clark County School District fourth grade student who are learning about Nevada history and the importance of mining to the state. For more information visit their web site at www.mccawschoolofmines.org or call Clyde Caldwell at 702-300-6903..
- With its small casino floor, is SLS offering a look at the future of Las Vegas?
- SLS Las Vegas preview: Dancers in birdcages; 30-foot Cleopatra; peekaboo glass showers
- A record 151 businesses are participating in Las Vegas Restaurant Week
- 2 men charged in rash of car burglaries in Henderson
- Law firm slams leak of Laxalt’s ‘train wreck’ documents