Las Vegas Sun

April 19, 2024

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Polar Shades Donates School Supplies and Emergency Preparedness Items to Local Elementary School

Published on Tue, Nov 6, 2012 (11:23 a.m.)

(Henderson NV) - Polar Shades donated 600 Pop-Tarts and bottles of water for emergency preparedness kits, as well as over $500 in school supplies to Edna F. Hinman Elementary School in Henderson.

Polar Shades employees personally delivered boxes filled with pens, books, binders and paper along with the Pop-Tarts and bottled water to Hinman Elementary faculty and staff. The Pop-Tarts and bottled water donation help to achieve the objective set during emergency preparedness month in September to supply kits for children in case of a natural disaster.

Steve Mevius, owner of Polar Shades, says: “It is our pleasure to give back to the community. I hope this donation will benefit the students and teachers in their learning and education, as well as preventative safety. Polar Shades will continue to help out local causes, including our community sponsorship with Hinman Elementary.”

Lynn Groesbeck, sales director of Polar Shades, took the lead in facilitating the donation purchase and drop off. He says, “Donating to underprivileged children and schools has always been a passion of mine, and I am proud to be part of a company that is able to give back.”

Polar Shades Sun Control is a Henderson-based, family-owned small manufacturer that supplies retractable sun shades worldwide. They are headquartered in Henderson, Nevada. For more information please visit their website at www.polarshade.com.

###