This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Las Vegas Summerlin Rotary Gives to Palo Verde High School
Published on Mon, Nov 5, 2012 (12:05 p.m.)Las Vegas, Nevada – November 5, 2012 – The Rotary Club of Las Vegas Summerlin was honored to present Linda Wade, Counselor at Palo Verde High School, bags and boxes of school supplies early this morning for the Palo Verde Closet.
The Rotary Club of Las Vegas Summerlin is dedicating funding for school supplies to be donated to Palo Verde High School this year. Today was the beginning of what will be several deliveries of supplies needed by the students. “Our students are in need of supplies,” said Wade.
At a time in which Clark County School District public school funding and programs have been cut, the Las Vegas Summerlin Rotary is reaching out through the Clark County School-Community Partnership Program to students in need. The Program enriches student experiences by connecting businesses and the community with school resources, which matches the mission of the Las Vegas Summerlin Rotary of “service above self.”
For more information about the Las Vegas Rotary Club of Summerlin, please visit rotarysummerlin.org, e-mail [email protected] or follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/RotarySummerlin.
- Report: Las Vegas’ industrial space a turnoff for companies eyeing move here
- O’Sheas’ booze sales are intoxicating; Sebastian De-Bachery at Mandalay Bay
- Former UNLV coach Jerry Tarkanian had heart attack, doctors say
- Q+A: George Clooney talks Las Vegas memories, Italy and his Casamigos tequila
- Strip Scribbles: Jermaine Jackson on ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’ and Amy Purdy on ‘Dancing With the Stars’