Las Vegas Sun

April 16, 2014

Currently: 82° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Free Seminar on Immigration Law

Published on Fri, Nov 2, 2012 (2:53 p.m.)

The educational non-profit Nevada Foundation for Consumer Education is offering a free, Spanish-language seminar entitled "Ten Myths of Immigration Law: Dispelled" on November 14th at 6:00 p.m. at the E. Las Vegas Community Center.

Immigration attorney and naturalized citizen Jocelyn Cortez will answer questions such as:

-When and how can my U.S. Citizen child petition for me?
- How can my U.S. Citizen spouse help meget my green card?
- Am I eligible for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and how do I apply?

Jocelyn Cortez immigrated with her family to Las Vegas from El Salvador as a child, and because of her firsthand experience going through the immigration system along with her family, it has been her lifelong goal to represent immigrants in their own proceedings. Jocelyn practices immigration law with the De Castroverde Law Group representing individuals in deferred action for childhood arrivals, removal defense, family petitions, naturalizations,
amongst other types of immigration cases.

The Nevada Foundation for Consumer Education is a 501c3 non-profit educational foundation charged with educating Nevadans on their voting and consumer rights. This Spanish-language seminar is free and open to all. Please RSVP at www.immigrationmyths.eventbrite.com

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed