Las Vegas Sun

April 17, 2014

Currently: 71° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Catholic Charities Selects New Director of Adoption Services

Published on Fri, Nov 2, 2012 (12:46 p.m.)

Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada is proud to announce they have selected Kimberly Boothe as the new Director of Adoption Services effective Nov. 5, 2012. She succeeds Brad Singletary. CCSN would like to thank Mr. Singletary and wish him well on all his future endeavors.

Mrs. Boothe has been with CCSN for almost 6 years. She has extensive experience working with children and families on matters of adoption.

“Kimberly was chosen because she typifies the best in what we hoped for in our adoption program. Her case studies have always focused on what’s best for the children, adoptive parents, and birthparents,” according to Monsignor Patrick Leary, CEO of CCSN.

Mrs. Boothe, a Licensed Social Worker, earned a Bachelor of Science in Social Work from Minnesota State University while serving in the Phi Alpha Honor Society. She interned for Child Protective Services in Minnesota before moving out to Las Vegas and starting her career with CCSN. Within a few years, she worked her way up to become the Lead Social Worker. Beyond her credentials, it’s Mrs. Boothe’s caring demeanor that distinguishes her.

“I have two children at home and I consider this (career) my third child in some respects. I feel like there isn’t anything more rewarding than shaping children’s lives,” she said.

Her future goals include working to generate increased funding for children and families in need and to increase public awareness of CCSN’s Adoption Services Program.

Adoption Services compassionately serves children by guiding, educating, and empowering birth families and adoptive parents through the lifelong journey of adoption. Program proficiency and leadership inspires families and communities to embrace adoption as one of the miracles of humanity.

Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada is one of the largest nonprofit social service providers in the state. CCSN offers over 20 diverse services designed to help people of all ages regardless of race, religion, or creed. For more information about Catholic Charities please visit our website: http://www.catholiccharities.com/

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed