This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
UNLV Student Journalists to Cover Election Night Live from Greenspun Hall
Published on Thu, Nov 1, 2012 (8:33 a.m.)LAS VEGAS – November 1, 2012 – Students in the Hank Greenspun School of Journalism and Media Studies will provide four hours of live election night coverage Nov. 6.
Broadcasting live from the lobby of Greenspun Hall and the UNLV-TV studios, students will provide election results and on-site reports from campaign headquarters all over the city. The coverage will stream online at unlvtv.unlv.edu.
From 7 p.m. to 11 p.m., the cast and crew from the student-run newscast “Studio G” will report and produce the coverage, and students from various journalism classes will provide remote reports and background research. The cast of the “Scramble,” a student UNLV talk show, will serve as discussion panel members.
“I hope to turn the lobby of Greenspun Hall into ‘election central’ for the campus,” said Gary Larson, journalism professor and executive producer for the webcast.
Candidates, local political pundits and campus experts will be invited to provide insight on election results throughout the night.
Learn more about student-produced programs on UNLV-TV at unlvtv.unlv.edu
- With its small casino floor, is SLS offering a look at the future of Las Vegas?
- SLS Las Vegas preview: Dancers in birdcages; 30-foot Cleopatra; peekaboo glass showers
- Just in time: SLS Las Vegas gets gaming license
- Motorcyclist who fled traffic stop and crashed is identified
- A record 151 businesses are participating in Las Vegas Restaurant Week