This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Family, Fur & Fun Festival is Oct. 20
Published on Thu, Oct 18, 2012 (10:41 a.m.)WHAT: Family, Fur & Fun Festival provides humane education for animals,Halloween pet safety, fun for family and furry friends
Volunteers needed to adopt and foster animals
New dog sport demonstration events added
WHY: With the economic downturn and Southern Nevada’s high foreclosure rate, there are more abandoned pets – from dogs and cats to birds and fish. As a result, there is an increased need for
humane education about animals and adopting and fostering abandoned pets.
Enter the annual Family, Fur & Fun Festival on Saturday, Oct. 20 and Little Friends Foundation. The free event provides the needed information and resources about better understanding and appreciating animals and their needs in a fun environment for the entire family and well-behaved, leashed pets. This year’s beneficiary is the nonprofit Little Friends Foundation, a no-kill animal shelter that helps dogs and cats until permanent loving homes are found.
In addition to pet adoption, fostering and volunteering information, new demonstration events are flyball, disc dog, agility demos, lure racing and weight pull. Other activities include: naming new animals at Little Friends Foundation, raffle prizes, refreshments, and learning about pet safety for Halloween, making pets part of the family, and proper animal care from Drs. Jason and Jamie Sulliban of Aloha Animal Hospital. Arica of Pet’ographique will offer special $25 pricing for pet portraits with proceeds benefitting Little Friends Foundation.
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012
WHERE: Exploration Park at Mountain’s Edge
9275 S. Buffalo Dr. , Las Vegas, NV 89178
• Corner of Buffalo Dr. and Blue Diamond Rd.
• The park entrance is just south of the master plan’s main entrance.
• Donna Stidham, Family, Fur & Fun Festival event chairperson
• James Williamson, director of Little Friends Foundation
• Thousands of animal enthusiasts and pet lovers
# # #
- Report: Las Vegas’ industrial space a turnoff for companies eyeing move here
- Q+A: George Clooney talks Las Vegas memories, Italy and his Casamigos tequila
- Casino reimburses players in tourney marred by fake chips
- After ‘refocusing of the vision of God,’ Peace Palace on track to be finished by year’s end
- Is Las Vegas really among world’s most disappointing places?