This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Carmax Foundation Donates $10,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of So NV
Published on Mon, Oct 15, 2012 (4:31 p.m.)October 15, 2012. For immediate release.
(Las Vegas, NV). Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada has received a $10,000 donation from Carmax Foundation in support of its expanding site-based mentoring services at eight targeted Clark County Elementary Schools and four Boys & Girls Club of LasVegas locations.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada provides 408 mentors to area youth facing adversity. All mentors are carefully screened and professionally trained to provide supported one-to-one relationships toward developing a child’s confidence, educational success and positive peer behaviors.
- 6 places in the United States where Las Vegas casino companies want to expand
- State high court ruling favors HOAs over banks on home seizures
- Questions arise after driver freed in Stratosphere crash commits suicide
- Iggy Azalea, One Direction, Ariana Grande, Coldplay, Calvin Harris lead iHeart lineup
- Mayweather called before athletic commission