This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Carmax Foundation Donates $10,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of So NV
Published on Mon, Oct 15, 2012 (4:31 p.m.)October 15, 2012. For immediate release.
(Las Vegas, NV). Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada has received a $10,000 donation from Carmax Foundation in support of its expanding site-based mentoring services at eight targeted Clark County Elementary Schools and four Boys & Girls Club of LasVegas locations.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada provides 408 mentors to area youth facing adversity. All mentors are carefully screened and professionally trained to provide supported one-to-one relationships toward developing a child’s confidence, educational success and positive peer behaviors.
- Attorney disputes Metro officer’s story about confrontation at Vanguard Lounge
- Calif. police sergeant accused of soliciting undercover LV cop
- MMA fighter War Machine won’t contest extradition to Nevada
- $21,000 falls off armored truck after casino pickup
- Coroner IDs motorcyclist killed in crash with truck