Las Vegas Sun

September 20, 2014

Currently: 80° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Color Me Rad and Las Vegas Motor Speedway plan a 5K of color bombardment

Published on Sat, Oct 13, 2012 (11 p.m.)

Las Vegas, NV – November 17, 2012 - Cardio and color are teaming up on Saturday November 17th, 2012 to paint the city red (and yellow and blue and purple). This year’s Color Me Rad 5K takes place at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and benefits the Speedway Children’s Charities, Las Vegas Chapter.
The color starts flying at 9 am with waves of runners getting plastered with color bombs (a powdered non-toxic food coloring/cornstarch mix) every 5 minutes after. You'll end up looking like a kindergartner gone wrong, but the fun you have will make it oh-so-right. Don’t sit back and wonder what’s over the rainbow, lace up your running shoes and join your fellow Las Vegans to BE the rainbow.
Runners aren’t the only ones who get in on the action; friends, family and art-enthusiasts alike can volunteer HERE! to be part of our COLOR BOMB SQUAD and pelt runners with fistfulls of chromatic chaos throughout the course.
Not only does this family-fun event promise to benefit one’s cardiovascular system, but Color Me Rad is joining forces with Speedway Children’s Charities. Their Mission: To care for children in educational, financial, social and medical need in order to help them lead productive lives. Since 1999, the Las Vegas Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities has distributed $1.7 million in funding to children's organizations in the southern Nevada area surrounding the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.lthy living and social
For more information on this event, visit www.colormerad.com or check out what fans have to share on Facebook at www.facebook.com/colormerad5k.

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed