Las Vegas Sun

September 3, 2014

Currently: 92° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Local Youth Non-Profit Is In Need Of Facility

Published on Mon, Oct 8, 2012 (2:18 p.m.)

Relentless Youth Boxing Club, Inc.
October 8, 2012
PRESS RELEASE – For Immediate Release
Local Youth Non-Profit Boxing Club forced to search for new home.
Recently, Relentless Youth Boxing Club, training out of Sunset Boxing & MMA in Henderson, was forced to leave the facility due to disagreements with a new contract proposed by the gyms owner. In recent weeks, Relentless Youth Boxing Club has had some successful media attention by appearing on KNPR news radio, Channel 13 “The Morning Blend” and also had a story produced and aired by Top Rank during the September 15th Julio Chavez Jr. vs. Sergio Martinez fight. Relentless was also recently blessed to have Boxing Hall of Fame trainer, Freddie Roach make a televised appearance to its program.
Relentless Youth Boxing Club, founded by Steve Call, has been making a significant impact lately with troubled youth in the Las Vegas community.
Steve Call, a former Marine and Juvenile Boot Camp Drill Instructor, created Relentless Youth Boxing Club to help provide the local youth with an outlet through boxing, physical fitness and a strong mentorship program. Steve brings an effective and assertive structure to the local youth who consist of kids as young as 13 and struggling with teenage insecurities, to youth in their mid 20’s who have recently been release from prison and who are trying to better themselves in life.
“Steve is like a father to me and has taught me so much since I have came to him after being released from Prison. It’s because of him that has given me hope to be a better person and not go back” says Jason Valencia, 23, one of Relentless members.
“I didn’t really have a purpose in my life prior to meeting Steve and becoming a part of Relentless. Now I know that I have to be a better person, and I actually care more about others and want to be more productive in the community” said Dominique Shaw, 19.
“I would not agree to ridiculous demands that exploited this program, and honest donations, so we’re forced to find another place to train. We have some big things coming soon with local at-risk youth so we need to find a new home fast!” says Steve Call, Founder of Relentless Youth Boxing Club.
Relentless desperately needs to find a new home for its program of 15+ members. We are asking for both donations and also help from any local business owners who feel compelled to help the local youth which ultimately protects our community.
For more information contact: (professional photos also available for publications upon request)

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed