This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Health Care Professionals Invited to Learn about Breastfeeding and Pharmacology on Oct. 20
Published on Mon, Oct 8, 2012 (6:49 a.m.)The annual education event from the Southern Nevada Breastfeeding Coalition gives lactation consultants, doctors, pharmacists, nurses and others who work with breastfeeding moms information on the effects medications on the breastfeeding baby.
The event is Saturday, Oct. 20 from 8am to 3pm at the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension at 8050 Paradise Road, Suite 100, Las Vegas, NV 89123.
Continuing education credits available for doctors, nurses, lactation consultants, nutritionists and pharmacists. The sessions include: Transfer of Drugs into Human Milk, Using Psychiatric Medications in Breastfeeding Mothers, Birth Control and Lactation, Community Approaches to Addressing the 10 Steps, and Pharmacotherapy in Breastfeeding Patients.
More information is available at http://www.snvbreastfeeding.org/
- Lady Gaga proves that she’s the ultimate showgirl at MGM Grand
- Las Vegas man arrested at Pa. casino has gambling-cheat record
- Metro releases photo of person of interest in mall shooting
- Man arrested in string of Las Vegas sexual assaults
- Brody Jenner, with girlfriend Kaitlynn Carter, debuts as DJ at Hyde Bellagio