This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Celebrate Your Roots!
Published on Mon, Oct 1, 2012 (3:27 p.m.)Take root in your community and join in a harvest celebration with a splendid evening of wine and cheese tasting, held along side your local artists and vendors with live music, plenty of fun and great company. The Vegas Roots Community Garden is hosting its 3rd Annual Taste & Toast fundraising celebration on October 13, 2012 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Think you can't grow bounties of organic fruits, vegetables and flowers in Las Vegas? Vegas Roots invites you to think again. A magical evening of celebration is planned under the lights of a garden ready to put on a show. Preview the fall growing season that is already on its way as you ask yourself: “What are you growing next year?” Adopt a Plot, pick your seeds and watch them GROW!
Vegas Roots Community Garden, the first urban farm in the city of Las Vegas, opened in March 2010. The garden brings together diverse partners - including schools, universities, corporations, non-profit organizations, community groups, and individual residents - to engage in the goal of providing fresh produce, education on healthy eating, and community togetherness.
The garden is in Las Vegas at 715 North Tonopah Drive. Taste & Toast event admission is a $20 donation at the door or $15 in advance on PayPal via: www.vegasroots.org. (Ages 21 and over only please.) All proceeds from this event will benefit the 2013 growing season and keep the garden stocked with seeds, soil and water so we can keep “Planting Hopes and Feeding Dreams”.
- Strip Scribbles: ‘Zumanity’ firings, plus Katy Perry at Caesars? Resident DJs Pharrell, Paris Hilton?
- Las Vegas startup lets you buy someone a drink from anywhere with Internet connection
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy of ‘DWTS’: ‘Le Reve’s’ new $3 million sequence is ‘historic’
- 2015 Miss Nevada USA, Miss Teen Nevada USA crowned; Miss USA preps for Miss Universe
- Top Nevada court says Uber case should take place in Washoe County