- Casino Guide >
- Golden Gate Hotel & Casino
Golden Gate Hotel & Casino
The Golden Gate bills itself as being the Las Vegas original — it started out in 1906 as Hotel Nevada, which opened to the public with electric lighting, ventilation and steam heat radiators. The original rooms, with modern improvements, are still in use. The city's first telephone was installed there, with the phone number "1." A group of Italian-Americans from the San Franscisco Bay area bought the property and established the Golden Gate in 1955. Blending vintage and contemporary Las Vegas, the boutique casino-hotel was renovated and expanded in 2012 with new luxury suites and a high-limit pit. The new lobby displays artifacts from the hotel's history, while high-tech features add to their list of Las Vegas firsts, including a Gen 2 energy-generating elevator, sophisticated HD surveillance system and Tangerine Global digital streaming for its in-room TV entertainment centers. The casino features sexy Dancing Dealers and blends the latest in slots and video with traditional craps, blackjack and newer table games like 3-card poker and Let it Ride. The casino pays 10x odds on dice and 3 to 2 on all blackjacks. See more photos from the renovation celebration. The Golden Gate also features Du-Par's Restaurant and Bakery, a 24-hour diner that serves what Esquire Magazine has called the "Best Pancakes in America." The Golden Gate also continues to offer "Las Vegas' Original Shrimp Cocktail," a tradition since 1959, served in a tulip sundae glass for $2.99.
|Casino Wireless Internet|
- Du-Par's Restaurant and Bakery
- When you enter Du-Par's it's almost like stepping back into a diner from 50 years ago. Du-Par's, which opened in Los Angeles in 1938, brought it's style to Las Vegas in 1955 with the opening of the Golden Gate Hotel & Casino. Du-Par’s serves the “Best Pancakes in America” (Esquire Magazine) and its blueberry creamcheese pie was called the Best Slice of Pie by Las Vegas Weekly Magazine. MORE >
1 Fremont St.
- Eric Church, Childish Gambino added to lineup alongside Bruno Mars at the new Chelsea
- MGM Grand restaurant makeover: Mortons debut a stunning new space at Crush
- Joe Downtown: Businesses bringing unique items to downtown
- Garth Brooks announces world tour with wife Trisha Yearwood in 2014
- 58 companies pump $450 million into Southern Nevada’s economy