Published Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009 | 1:22 p.m.
Updated Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009 | 1:35 p.m.
- Local UFL team will be the Locomotives (8/10/09)
- Q&A: Las Vegas Locomotives coach Jim Fassel (8/10/09)
- Monday List: An ode to the UFL’s Las Vegas ‘Locos’ (8/10/09)
- UFL unveils season schedule (8/6/09)
- UFL Las Vegas signs 19 players (8/6/09)
- UFL hopefuls show off skills at Sam Boyd Stadium (6/14/09)
- Jim Fassel introduced as coach of Vegas UFL team (6/11/09)
The United Football League continues to announce player signings and the league's most recent acquisition boasts some impressive NFL credentials.
Defensive end Simeon Rice, a three-time Pro Bowl who won a Super Bowl with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, signed with the New York Sentinels Thursday.
The Arizona Cardinals drafted Rice with the third overall pick in the 1996 draft.
In addition to the 35-year-old Rice, the Sentinels added these players:
WR Preston Brown - Tulane
CB Trey Brown - UCLA
DT Dan Davis - Connecticut
DE Maurice Fountain - Clemson
TE Ronnie Ghent - Louisville
DB Dre'Mail Hardin - Stillman East
DT Brigham Harwell - UCLA
P Ryan Horvath - Drake
DS David Lofton - Stanford
DB Lionel Mitchell - East Stroudsburg
OT Ramiro Pruneda - Monterrey Tech
OG Eri Robertson - California
DT Bryan Save - Colorado State
DE Michale Spicer - Western Carolina
RB Labrandon Toefield - LSU
DB Fletcher Terrell - Washburn
The Las Vegas Locomotives face the Sentinels at Hofstra University on Nov. 4 at 4 p.m.