Published Wednesday, Dec. 24, 2008 | 1:15 p.m.
Updated Wednesday, Dec. 24, 2008 | 1:10 p.m.
* Holly Madison’s 29th birthday celebration was unlike any other. It began at midnight and ended after 4 a.m Wednesday morning. It started with a giant cake and wound up with a ring! And now I’ve learned that over the holidays, boyfriend Criss Angel and his mom, Dimitra Sarantakos, will meet Holly’s parents, Steve and Patsy Madison, from Oregon, in an all-family gathering for New Year’s Eve!
“It’s the first time I’ve brought them to meet a boyfriend,” the blonde beauty cooed. “I’m incredibly flattered,” said Criss, adding, “The more I know her, the more I love her. She changed the way I look at life. She is unlike any girl I’ve known before in my life. Holly is the love of my life.”
After last night’s late show of "Believe" at the Luxor, Criss threw a combination birthday party for his "The Girls Next Door" gal pal and a Christmas celebration for his 100-strong cast and crew of the Cirque du Soleil show. Criss and Holly invited me into the party for our world-exclusive photo coverage. You couldn’t get any closer with these intimate photographs that prove they are totally and genuinely in love with each other.
He took over the lobby of his Luxor theater for the shindig -- and surprised Holly with a giant birthday cake and a promise in front of everybody: “Each and every day, it is my joy to make you happier.”
I stood with Holly as Criss grabbed the mic to thank his onstage cast members, backstage crew, theater staff and ushers. “I appreciate you all for making 'Believe' a success. It takes an army to win a war, and you are all the incredible soldiers who make it possible each night. Now you have two days off for Christmas, and you’ll get to spend it with your families. That’s the beauty of this time of the year: to have family, health and happiness. I am blessed with that.”
* Demand for tickets to see Britney Spears both here in America and in Europe has been so high, she has already added six new concert dates for a total of 41 shows When tickets first went on sale, more than 400,000 were snapped up almost immediately. Britney’s set to perform here in Las Vegas on April 25.
“Britney and I are both thrilled to see how excited her fans are for the Circus tour,” said her manager, Larry Rudolph. “This show will blow people’s minds and promises to show Britney’s fans something they will never forget!”
* I missed "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest at the Encore opening, but afterward he palled up with Las Vegas developer friend Laurence Hallier, and the two guys hit Blush next door at the Wynn. The girls mobbed them -- and after the guys polished off a bottle of Perrier Jouet Rose champagne, they danced until closing time with the ladies.
* Basketball legend Earvin “Magic” Johnson came to town to sign copies of his new book, "32 Ways to be a Champion in Business." Fans were lined up all the way out through the door, but he took the time to autograph books, memorabilia, jerseys, basketballs and trading cards for everybody and as many who wanted photos, too.
* UFC fighter Frank Mir hosted a Team Mir party at Hawaiian Tropic Zone in the Planet Hollywood Miracle Mile.
Find Robin Leach's full blog and updated coverage of the celebrity scene in Las Vegas at Vegas DeLuxe.com.