Published Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009 | 3:47 p.m.
Updated Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009 | 3:47 p.m.
Top 10 reasons the Rebels almost lost an exhibition game to a team from Kansas called the Washburn Ichabods on Tuesday night:
10. Got caught looking ahead to Pittsburg State game.
9. "Stripper Mobile" cruising the Thomas & Mack Center parking lot made it difficult to concentrate on blocking out and getting back on defense.
8. Prepared for the Ichabods from Sleepy Hollow instead of the ones from Topeka.
7. Too famished to press after Rebel standouts of yesteryear ate their team meal.
6. Remember, this was only an exhibition, it was not a competition ... please no wagering.
5. No. 5 on Washburn looked a lot like Ollie from "Hoosiers" so Rebels cut him some slack.
4. Shaq and LeBron not yet meshing.
3. Rebels not familiar with Washburn's "Yellow Brick Road" half-court offense.
2. New uniforms from Nike did not allow Rebels to run faster and jump higher as advertised.
1. Larry Johnson never phoned home.
Say this about the teams from the Mid-American Intercollegiate Athletic conference: They sure have great nicknames.
Washburn is the Ichabods.
Pittsburg State, the Rebels' opponent on Saturday night, is the Gorillas.
Central Missouri is the Mules.
Missouri Western is the Griffons.
Truman State is the Give 'em Hell Harrys.
Actually, Truman State is the Bulldogs. They blew it.