Published Friday, Oct. 17, 2008 | 9:18 p.m.
Updated Tuesday, June 2, 2009 | 4:02 p.m.
The Southern Nevada Health District has issued a warning after four guests of Polo Towers were diagnosed with Legionnaires' Disease. The disease was discovered in guests who stayed at the hotel in October and November 2007, and August and September this year. All four victims were treated and have recovered, the health district said.
Water samples were taken from the hotel after health officials learned of the outbreak.
"Preliminary results of these tests have confirmed that the bacteria that cause the illness were present in water samples taken last week," chief health officer Lawrence Sands wrote in a letter dated Thursday.
The letter issued by the Southern Nevada Health District is available here.