Thursday, July 10, 2008 | 11:41 a.m.
The deadline to register to vote in the Aug. 12 primary election is fast approaching, and the Clark County Election Department is offering extended hours to make registration easier.
To be eligible, applications must be received by mail no later than Saturday or in-person by July 22. For voters not yet registered, the department is offering registration at area shopping malls on Saturday as well as extended hours from July 13 to July 22, Clark County registrar Larry Lomax said.
The election department is offering in-person registration Saturday at the following locations:
- Las Vegas Outlet Center, in the center food court, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Boulevard Mall, at Brookstone Court (south of JCPenney), 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Galleria Mall, upper level (across from Zales), 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Meadows Mall, in front of Sears on the lower level, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Clark County Government Center, 500 South Grand Central Parkway, Room 1113, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Clark County Election Center, 965 Trade Drive, North Las Vegas, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Extended hours for in-person registration at both Clark County election office locations are as follows:
- Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- July 14 – 17, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- July 18 – 22, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Registration is available at the Clark County Election Department Office at the Government Center, 500 South Grand Central Parkway, and the Clark County Election Center Office at 965 Trade Drive, Suite A, in North Las Vegas.
July 22 is the last day for in-person registration.
Voters unsure of their registration status are advised to check the election department’s Web site to verify their information is correct, or call 702-455-VOTE.