Torey Van Oot / Las Vegas Sun
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 | 6:06 p.m.
The Top 11 things overheard today at a poling place during the sparse-turnout municipal elections in Las Vegas:
11. Polling-place volunteer clearing throat.
10. Crickets -- or is that one cricket? -- chirping, and I cannot figure out from where.
9 Muted siren, far off in the distance.
8. “Did you read today’s Family Circus? Hysterical!”
7. Keys jangling from a janitor’s belt.
6. Whir and clunk of a Pepsi can dropping to the tray in the hallway vending machine.
5. Incessant clicking of a retractable ballpoint pen.
4. The timeless drone from the old multipurpose room clock.
3. Polling-place volunteer blowing nose.
2. The peeling away and reapplying of "I Voted" stickers for the 1,117th time.
1. “You sunk my battleship!”